Call for Workshops of IEEE International Symposium on Service Oriented System Engineering
To be held in Bamberg, Germany, March 26 – 29, 2018.
For the 12th edition of the conference, we are looking for co-located workshops on emerging and complementary topics. Interested workshop organisers should send an informal proposal by e-mail to the IEEE SOSE 2018 Workshops Chair: Joerg Lenhard
The deadline for proposals is 16. October 2017. The proposals should consider the subsequent deadlines for camera-ready submission and registration (1 February 2018) and for the workshop days (26 – 29 March 2018).
The proposals should be sent as PDF, outlining in about two pages:
- Title, brief description, goals and challenges of the field - motivating elements, such as why and to whom the workshop is of interest
- Comparison to related events on similar topics so that community fragmentation can be avoided
- Names, affiliations and contact information of the organisers and technical programme committee members (at least ten from various institutions)
Workshop organisers are asked to prepare a call for papers and an attractive website as supplementary material to the proposal. Furthermore, any conference requirements (paper format, registration rules, deadlines) need to be adhered to.
A list of possible workshop topics:
- Service-oriented systems and software
- Design and engineering principles for services
- Development, testing and operations in cloud environments
- Techniques and tools around the lifecycle of publishing, discovery and composition of services
- Code generation and quality-aware service construction methods
- Service domains: embedded/cyber-physical systems, robotics, IoT, web applications and mashups
- Business processes, federation and cooperation models
- Integration aspects: clients and environments
- New development paradigms such as cloud-native applications and microservices
- Mobility, scalability, elasticity and resilience of services
- Actively managed global-scale services